Hoops’ starting 5 remain unknown

first_imgJEFF SCHORFHEIDE/Herald photoWith one exhibition game under its belt and still another to go before the start of the regular season, the University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team hasn’t yet announced a starting lineup. That’s because UW head coach Bo Ryan doesn’t even know at this point in time. It’s still too early.“There could be different lineups; there could be different things going on,” Ryan said in a press conference Monday. “Guys do not have a problem with that. … Whoever starts starts.”In Sunday’s exhibition, the starting five consisted of Trevon Hughes, Joe Krabbenhoft, Greg Stiemsma, Brian Butch and Marcus Landry, with last year’s starting guard Michael Flowers coming off the bench.“I like bringing people off the bench who offer more than just one thing,” Ryan said. “But I definitely like bringing a scorer off [of it]. I think every coach likes to have that sparkplug offensively. We’ve got some options to bring in off the bench, and I like that.“There might not be experience, but there’s options.”Flowers, who missed two weeks leading up to the game with an unexplained absence, averaged 7.2 points per game last season and provides experience in the backcourt that currently has the sophomore Hughes running the point over him.“He just wants to play,” Ryan said of Flowers. “It’s going to be hard to keep him off the floor. “last_img read more

Osage man pleads not guilty to sexual abuse charges

first_imgOSAGE — An Osage man has pleaded not guilty to eight charges of sexual abuse. 22-year-old Marcus McNealy was charged in March with four counts of second-degree sexual abuse for allegedly abusing a child between May 2011 and November 2015. McNealy was charged with an additional four counts of third-degree sexual abuse for committing a sexual act against the will of the same victim between November 2015 and November 2016. McNealy’s arraignment hearing was scheduled for today, but online court records show that he filed a written plea of not guilty to the charges late last week in Mitchell County District Court. His trial is scheduled to start on July 15th. If convicted of all the charges, he’d face a prison term of 140 years.last_img read more