West Java limits access to tourist destinations during extended PSBB period

first_img“Every tourist destination is required to form its own task force and provide access to protective equipment, such as face masks,” Dedi said.The West Java administration previously extended large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) across the province to June 26 following a spike in COVID-19 cases last week.The extension will be effective across the province, except for the Jakarta satellite cities of Bogor, Depok and Bekasi, where the policy will remain effective until July 2.West Java has recorded the fourth-highest number of COVID-19 cases in the country, with 2,604 cases and 161 fatalities as of Sunday. Several popular destinations in Lembang, such as The Lodge Maribaya and Farm House, had limited the number of visitors to 30 percent of capacity and conducted ID checks to ensure every visitor was a West Java resident, he added.Read also: Bandung to close three markets after sellers tested positive for COVID-19The governor went on to say that the administration would conduct regular inspections to ensure all tourist destination operators complied with health protocols.West Java Tourism and Culture Agency head Dedi Taufik said the reopening of tourism was being done in compliance with safety precautions stipulated in Gubernatorial Regulation No. 46/2020. Topics :center_img Access to popular tourist destinations across West Java remains limited as the provincial administration reopens a number of sectors to revive the local economy. West Java Governor Ridwan Kamil said his administration was committed to ensuring the health and safety of locals amid the gradual easing of several restrictions.“For the time being, tourism in West Java […] is not yet open to people outside of West Java. Please restrain yourselves, as we are currently focused on reopening the economy and tourism to residents of West Java,” Ridwan said during a field inspection at several tourist destinations in Lembang, West Bandung regency as quoted in a statement on Sunday.last_img read more

McGregor seeks to emerge from controversy in UFC comeback

first_img Loading… Read Also:Dakar Rally: Spanish driver wins for third time“But if you ask my family, my loved ones, they’ll tell you I’m not that different. I’m still that passionate young man looking for the moon.”McGregor and Cerrone both weighed in at 170 pounds on Friday for their welterweight bout.McGregor fought at welterweight previously when he went 1-1 against Nate Diaz in 2016 while Cerrone went 6-4 during a welterweight run between 2016 and 2018.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearReal Faces Of The Women From World Famous Paintings8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits EarthTruly Mysterious Things That Have Happened On Chinese Soil7 Theories About The Death Of Our Universe6 Best ’90s Action Movies To Watch Today9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo10 Outrageous Ideas That Made People Ridiculously Rich7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldThe Biggest Cities In The World So FarThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World Mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor returns to the Octagon after a 15-month absence seeking – he says – to leave controversy behind him.Advertisementcenter_img The Irish star takes on experienced Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone on Saturday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas – where Wednesday’s final press conference offered a remarkable display of respect from a fighter as famed for his trash talk as his formidable left hook. “It’s hard not to respect Donald,” McGregor said of the 36-year-old American, who boasts a record of 36 wins, 13 losses and holds the record for the number of knockouts (20) in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) – where victories are often won by submission and decision.However, Cerrone appears to be on the wane, considering his last two losses last year to Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje.“He’s a good fighter,” McGregor said. “But I can read Donald like a children’s book. I know his moves and I know what he’s planning. I have the advantage of speed, I’m well prepared, there’s no one to touch me.”McGregor claimed his last victory – his 21st in 25 bouts – in 2016.Since then, McGregor has been battered into submission by arch-rival Khabib Nurmagomedov in a contest that was marred by a massive brawl at ringside and been knocked out by boxing great Floyd Mayweather in a cross-combat superfight in Vegas in 2017.Away from the ring, the former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion has been charged with two assaults in the United States and, according to reports in the New York Times, remains the subject of two sexual assault investigations in Ireland.“I’ve made mistakes,” McGregor said in the buildup to the fight. “And I have been man enough to admit them and correct them. I’m more mature and more experienced. These experiences have helped me improve as a man.last_img read more

Let United Nations manage elections

first_imgDear Editor,It does not appear that the two sides, President Granger and Opposition Leader Jagdeo, APNU/AFC and PPP, will reach an agreement (consensus) on appointing a GECOM Chair or set a firm timeline for elections. On June 18, the CCJ had urged the two sides to come to an agreement by June 24 on orders the court should issue and they failed to meet. On June 24, the court extended the deadline to July 1 (date for written submission of suggestions for consequential orders) and the sides still failed to meet, much less discuss the issues. The court had stated that they could try until July 12 when the court will issue its orders on what must be done. The court’s orders are final. The two sides should try to resolve this political problem. The ABC countries should put pressure on both sides to meet and honour the Constitution.There is much distrust between the sides. Both sides are fearful of fraudulent elections. My conversations with Guyanese reveal they also fear that election results may not reflect the will of the voters. A poll I am conducting in Guyana reveals a very racially polarised nation. Governing Guyana will not be easy unless election results are accepted by both sides. The country will not make progress after elections unless both sides feel the outcome reflects the will of the voters and that every eligible voter’s name is on the list.Since it has become a controversial political issue that does not lend itself to an easy solution, may I suggest that both sides meet and work out an agreement for the United Nations to manage (run) the elections? It will save Guyanese the expense of organising the elections. The UN was in charge of holding elections in several polarised societies when the contending parties could not reach an agreement on a way forward. The UN will ensure that free and fair elections are held in Guyana and that no one is denied the right to vote. The UN’s Secretary-General and its security forces will make sure a credible election is held and the results accepted.Yours truly,Vishnu Bisramlast_img read more