“Every tourist destination is required to form its own task force and provide access to protective equipment, such as face masks,” Dedi said.The West Java administration previously extended large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) across the province to June 26 following a spike in COVID-19 cases last week.The extension will be effective across the province, except for the Jakarta satellite cities of Bogor, Depok and Bekasi, where the policy will remain effective until July 2.West Java has recorded the fourth-highest number of COVID-19 cases in the country, with 2,604 cases and 161 fatalities as of Sunday. Several popular destinations in Lembang, such as The Lodge Maribaya and Farm House, had limited the number of visitors to 30 percent of capacity and conducted ID checks to ensure every visitor was a West Java resident, he added.Read also: Bandung to close three markets after sellers tested positive for COVID-19The governor went on to say that the administration would conduct regular inspections to ensure all tourist destination operators complied with health protocols.West Java Tourism and Culture Agency head Dedi Taufik said the reopening of tourism was being done in compliance with safety precautions stipulated in Gubernatorial Regulation No. 46/2020. Topics : Access to popular tourist destinations across West Java remains limited as the provincial administration reopens a number of sectors to revive the local economy. West Java Governor Ridwan Kamil said his administration was committed to ensuring the health and safety of locals amid the gradual easing of several restrictions.“For the time being, tourism in West Java […] is not yet open to people outside of West Java. Please restrain yourselves, as we are currently focused on reopening the economy and tourism to residents of West Java,” Ridwan said during a field inspection at several tourist destinations in Lembang, West Bandung regency as quoted in a statement on Sunday.
Fred. Olsen Windcarrier’s jack-up vessel Brave Tern has won a contract to transport and install the MHI Vestas Offshore V174-9.5MW wind turbines on the Changfang and Xidao (CFXD) offshore wind farms in Taiwan. Fred. Olsen Windcarrier was awarded the contract by CSBC-DEME Wind Engineering. “We are very pleased that the set-up of CDWE and a Fred. Olsen Windcarrier vessel has fulfilled the Taiwanese government’s turbine installation localisation requirements. Having CDWE as Changfang and Xidao Project’s turbine T&I contractor with Fred. Olsen Windcarrier supplying the vessel adds substantial experience into our construction operations,” said Jesper Holst, CEO of CIP’s Changfang and Xidao offshore wind farms. The CFXD project is divided into two phases across 2022 and 2023. In total, the two wind farms will comprise 62 wind turbines installed some 11-25 kilometres west of Taiwan and scheduled to be commissioned in 2023. “As both experienced contractors within the industry, Fred. Olsen Windcarrier and CSBC-DEME Wind Engineering (CDWE) will share and combine their extensive knowledge base and experience to deliver a ´state of the art’ performance to Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners and to the Taiwanese offshore wind industry,” CSBC-DEME Wind Engineering said. Brave Tern will start working on the Changfang and Xidao (CFXD) project after completing the wind turbine installation on the 640MW Yunlin wind farm off Taiwan. “We are extremely proud to win another transport and installation job in the growing Taiwanese offshore wind market. CFXD is an important project for us and will strengthen our position and commitment to the growing Taiwanese market and the APAC region in general. Last year Fred. Olsen Ocean opened an office in Taiwan to bring the group’s extensive experience from Europe to the region. First step will be in April when Brave Tern heads towards Taiwan. We look forward to growing the local capabilities and the Taiwanese supply chain as well as supporting our customers in the region,” said Casper Toft, CCO, Fred. Olsen Windcarrier
GAOTH Dobhair is celebrating the announcement of 35 new jobs today as Largo Foods confirmed a multi-million euro investment.The company which makes a range of snacks including Tayto, King and Hunky Dory’s crisps, is to invest a further €2.6m in its plant.It will take the workforce from 190 to 225. Minister of State Dinny McGinley mad the announcement this afternoon at the official opening of a new production line at the plant.More than 120 jobs were lost in the company in 2009 but today Mr McGinley commended Largo for its decision to rationalise the business, cut costs and refocus.It was not an easy decision, he said, but ‘we see the fruits of that labour here today’.Approximately 70% of snacks produced by Largo Foods in Donegal are exported, mainly to the UK. The new snack-food line, which was specially constructed and shipped in from Casa Herrera in California is now fully operational and supplying the Irish and UK markets with a wholegrain chip snack-food.Speaking at the announcement, Minister of State Dinny McGinley TD said“This new investment is on top of an earlier â≠¬2.2m investment made in the business in 2010. I commend Largo Foods in their business approach. The decision taken by the group two years ago to rationalise the business, cut costs and refocus was not an easy one but we see the fruits of that labour here today.“The addition of more manufacturing lines, the increase in capacity, and the expansion of the product mix will allow for better efficiencies, increased sales and will help to secure current employment in Gaoth Dobhair.“I especially commend Ray Coyle, CEO of Largo Foods. There is no doubt that without his personal commitment to the manufacturing facility in Gaoth Dobhair the future of Largo Foods here would definitely be more challenging.” Ray Coyle, CEO of Largo Foods said “Approximately 70% of what Largo Foods makes in Donegal is exported, principally to the UK. Our strategy is to continue to invest in R&D and high value products to allow us to increase efficiencies, sustain and grow the business in Gaoth Dobhair. I am confident that we can do this with the continued support and co-operation of the workforce, Udaras na Gaeltachta and our customers.”John Lowery, Acting CEO of Udaras na Gaeltachta who supported the project said:“This additional investment announced by Largo Foods is encouraging in such a challenging economic environment and is a vote of confidence by the company in the Gaoth Dobhair area and its workforce.”You can read how we broke the story last week here: DONEGAL COMPANY SET TO MAKE ‘CRISP’ INVESTMENT IN FUTUREEnds35 NEW JOBS CONFIRMED FOR GAOTH DOBHAIR SNACK COMPANY was last modified: June 20th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:largo foodstayto