“We estimated there’s about 2,000 personnel that work in nursing homes in Broome County. We’re going to have to conduct 4,000 tests a week,” said Broome County Executive Jason Garnar. The first of these guidelines requires all nursing home staff to be tested for COVID-19 twice a week. While this would ramp up tests, the county says they need more supplies. Additional guidelines include requiring nursing homes to notify the state if they are unable to provide adequate care for patients. Garnar says Willow Point has not had any residents transferred from the facility. “It’s our responsibility, we have an emergency operations center, and when places like nursing homes can’t procure the amount of tests they need, they go to us so we can put those requests in to the state,” said Garnar. If a COVID-19 patient is transferred to the hospital, Garnar says the patient will have to remain at the hospital until they test negative for the virus. Garnar says publicly-run Willow Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center will receive the required testing. For state-regulated private homes, the county is offering support. Broome County only receives 1,600 tests per week from the state. That puts the county 2,400 tests short of the required amount, and that’s just for nursing home testing. According to Governor Cuomo, “any nursing home that fails to follow health procedures will lose their license.” (WBNG) — Nursing homes across New York State have received new guidelines in an effort to provide more protections for individuals living or working at these facilities.
The ministry noted that Case 107 was connected to Case 94, a 64-year-old Singaporean woman who had not traveled recently to China or South Korea, either, but was diagnosed with COVID-19 on Feb. 26.It also said that 30 confirmed cases were still hospitalized in Singapore as of Monday, most in stable or improved condition, while six COVID-19 patients were in critical condition and receiving intensive care. A further 78 patients had fully recovered from the disease and had been discharged.Also on Monday, the Singapore health ministry confirmed three positive COVID-19 cases: two citizens and one Myanmarese resident of Singapore who were diagnosed after visiting Batam in Indonesia. Cases 101, 103 and 104 had traveled together to the city in Riau Islands province from Feb. 21 to 23 and are among the cases linked to a cluster at Wizlearn Technologies, a Singaporean software company.Read also: Coronavirus carrier faces jail in Singapore for lying over movementsBy Monday, Singapore health authorities had already identified 3,140 close contacts of the three cases, of which 2,805 had been released from quarantine and 335 remain under quarantine.Separately, health authorities in Batam have quarantined 15 local residents identified as close contacts of the three Singapore cases.President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo announced on Monday that two Indonesians had tested positive for COVID-19, the first two confirmed cases in the country. The patients are a 64-year-old woman and her 31-year-old daughter who had been in contact with the Japanese national who was diagnosed on Feb. 27 in Malaysia after visiting Indonesia in mid-February.Prior to the four cases in Singapore, four other cases in China, Japan, New Zealand and Malaysia tested positive for COVID-19 shortly after returning from Indonesia.Editor’s note: The heading of this article has been corrected.Topics : Singapore’s Ministry of Health announced on Monday that its latest confirmed case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) was a 68-year-old Singaporean woman who had traveled to Jakarta in mid-February.With the new case in Singapore, the global total of reported cases with a travel history to Indonesia now numbers eight.The patient, identified only as Case 107, had no history of recent travel to China or to Daegu and Cheongdo, the two COVID-19 hot spots in South Korea; however, she had traveled to Jakarta from Feb. 11 to 14. “The woman reported onset of symptoms on Feb. 16, and then sought treatment at two general practitioner clinics on Feb. 20, 23 and 25. She presented [COVID-19 symptoms] at Tan Tock Seng Hospital on Feb. 27 and was immediately isolated. Subsequent test results confirmed COVID-19 infection on Mar. 1 afternoon,” the ministry stated on its website.Read also: Indonesian domestic worker in Singapore recovers from COVID-19The woman is being treated at the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) in Novena. Prior to being admitted to the hospital, she had mostly stayed at home on Bishan Street 13.Novena is the third station south from Bishan Station on the North-South line of the Singapore MRT, but the woman’s mode of transportation has not been disclosed.
MASON CITY — A district judge has dismissed a lawsuit against the superintendent, the current human resources director and the school board president of the Mason City Community School District, but a former employee’s claims of discrimination and retaliation against the entire school district will move forward.Former human resources director Jodie Anderson filed the lawsuit last July against the school district, superintendent Dave Versteeg, board president Jodi Draper and human resources director Tom Drzycimski. Anderson, who served the school district between July 2015 and when she resigned in June 2017, claims she complained about the school district paying male employees more than female employees, and that there was retaliation against her.Anderson asked to have Drzycimski removed from the lawsuit last September, and now District Judge DeDra Schroeder has ruled that Versteeg and Draper are dismissed as defendants in the lawsuit. Schroeder in her ruling says that Versteeg was not hired by the district until a month after Anderson’s resignation, and Draper as an individual member of the school board cannot be held liable for the actions of the school board as a whole.A trial date for Anderson’s lawsuit against the school district has not been set.
Donegal’s senior hurlers must do it all again after an amazing draw with Tyrone in the promotion/relegation game at Owenbeg in Derry this evening.Donegal manager Ray DurackRay Durack’s side showed some tremendous spirit to come from behind on a number of occasions.Ronan McDermott certainly played his part in Donegal’s tally of 4-13 as he netted all four goals for his side. The sides must do it all again after extra-time could still not separate these two gallant sides.Donegal must have thought they had down enough as they led by a point with just sends left only for Tyrone’s Casey to pop up with a late, late point.The final score was Tyrone 4-13 Donegal 4-13.DONEGAL HURLERS MUST DO IT ALL AGAIN AFTER AMAZING DRAW WITH TYRONE was last modified: April 11th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalHURLINGOwenbegTyrone
Slowly but surely, Vancouver is evolving into a food-cart destination that could one day rival the thriving culture of Portland – but with an emphasis on the “slowly” part.The past decade has seen many new carts hit the streets, but the measured pace of progress has been a source of occasional frustration for some of Vancouver’s food-cart operators, and a handful of recent closures has led to concerns that the momentum may have stalled.“Where have all the food carts gone?” asks Kurt Müller, who operates Black Dog Hot Dogs at the corner of Franklin and 13th streets, as well as a couple of other spots downtown. “I don’t see any new ones really coming in.”Most of them are still around, and a few vendors have recently set up shop. But there have been some notable closures, and the loss of even a few carts is acutely felt — there are still around 20 vendors in Clark County overall, according to a Visit Vancouver USA list.“I think (food-cart growth) has kind of plateaued,” says Steve Valenta, owner of The Mighty Bowl restaurant. “I’m surprised they’re not taking off more.”