Governor Douglas to receive the Ordre national du Quebec

first_imgGovernor Jim Douglas will be awarded the Ordre national du Québec (the National Order of Quebec) during a ceremony at the National Assembly of Québec on Thursday, March 11. The Ordre national du Québec is the highest honor awarded by the government of Québec.  Instituted in 1984, it consists of three grades – Grand Officer, Officer and Knight – and is presented to Quebecers for outstanding achievements and actions that support Québec, its language and culture.  The Premier of Québec may recommend an eminent individual who is not a Québec resident to be awarded the Ordre.  Governor Douglas will be awarded the Officer’s Insignia.Others who have received the Ordre include former French President Jacques Chirac, scientist and entrepreneur Francesco Bellini, hockey stars Mario Lemieux and Maurice “Rocket” Richard and singer Celine Dion.  For more information about the Ordre national du Québec you can visit http://www.ordre-national.gouv.qc.ca/(link is external).Source: Governor’s office. 3.9.2010.###last_img read more

1xBet defies COVID-19 disruption to keep 2020 plans in place

first_img It is business as usual for 1xBet, said the company, as it continues to deliver uninterrupted online services for both players and its B2B customers in spite of COVID-19 disruption.While admitting that the total number of betting markets had been “significantly reduced” due to the mass postponement of sporting events, 1xBet is confident that customers can mitigate the impact of this revenue shortfall through a wide selection of esports markets and more betting options around politics and the weather, as well as more lotteries and live casino games.It explained that it hasn’t yet been forced to make major changes to office opening hours, but is taking extra measures to protect its employees across Europe and Africa.   1xBet also stressed that it is sticking to the product roadmap put in place before the COVID-19 outbreak, which includes development of the platform and mobile application.“Our company will stick to the plans which we made before the COVID-19 outbreak at the start of the year,” said Alex Sommers, 1xBet Director of Affiliate Marketing.“The current situation is awful and has made its mark on every aspect of our lives, not just on our online business. We hope that the COVID-19 epidemic soon becomes a thing of the past so that we can get back to how things were.”Sommers concluded: “1xBet is advising all of its customers to follow precautions put in place by the World Health Organization (WHO) to stay at home and avoid contact with others. In the meantime, we will do everything we can to make passing the time in quarantine as enjoyable as possible for our customers.” StumbleUpon DraftKings CBO – Industry ‘only just scratched the surface’ of US sports betting July 16, 2020 Submit Better Collective cautious on quick recovery as COVID drags growth momentum August 25, 2020 Share Related Articles Share SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020last_img read more

Louis van Gaal admits Real Madrid target De Gea could leave Man United this summer

first_img1 de Gea and Van Gaal Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has admitted superstar goalkeeper David De Gea could leave the club this summer.The Spain international has been targeted by La Liga giants Real Madrid, with recent reports suggesting the 24-year-old has already agreed a five-year contract with his hometown side.And while Van Gaal conceded the lure of returning home may be too strong for De Gea, the Red Devils boss was adamant the club will put up a fight and hopes his number one will stay at Old Trafford.Asked about the keeper’s future, Van Gaal said: “With every individual transfer there is a process and there will be a process with David de Gea.“David de Gea shall not leave us so easily because we are a great club and he wants to participate.“Of course he is Spanish and his girlfriend is Spanish, and he can go to another great club, so it is difficult for him to decide but a big compliment for Manchester United.“The transfer is an individual thing. He has to decide. We have given [him] a fantastic contract because we want him to stay – He’s had a fantastic season.”De Gea was a usual starter for Sunday’s 1-1 draw with top three rivals Arsenal, though the Spaniard’s afternoon was brought to a premature end after suffering an awkward fall which saw him replaced by countryman Victor Valdes in the 74th minute.Old Trafford was awash with banners asking De Gea to stay, and during his pre-match warm-up the goalkeeper was seen applauding fans in all four corners of the ground, sparking panic from United supporters who took this as a farewell gesture.Van Gaal praised the support of the loyal fans, and added they have done all they can to keep De Gea.“I don’t think I can persuade him because he knows everything what he has at Manchester United,” said the manager.“I don’t have to say something because he can feel it every day. You have seen the fans, unbelievable.“When he goes he is losing that. Here he has a lot of credits. He has to decide.”last_img read more

Some CTran routes are affected by construction

first_imgSeveral C-Tran bus stops in Vancouver will temporarily close this week for road work.The transit agency announced that routes No. 4 and 44 — both serving the Fourth Plain corridor — will skip stops between Northeast Andresen and Falk roads from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, while construction crews are scheduled to complete microsurfacing work — which aims to extend the life of the pavement with a “shell” of coarse liquid mix that cures and smooths out as cars drive on it over several weeks, according to the city — in the area.Also on Tuesday, route No. 39 will not serve the loop along Northeast Stapleton Road, Plomondon Street and Caples Avenue.For routes No. 32 and 37, all stops between Fourth Plain and the BPA stop on Highway 99 will be closed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday.Riders can call C-Tran’s passenger service line any time at 360-695-0123.last_img read more