St Lucia Zouks sold to K.P.H Dream Private Cricket

first_imgTHE St Lucia Zouks have been sold to K.P.H Dream Private Cricket, a group of investors with extensive experience in high-profile cricket, the Caribbean Premier League has announced.K.P.H. Dream Cricket Private Limited is based in India and are knowledgeable owners who have a track record of success on and off the field in major events. They will bring a huge amount of experience to the tournament and to the St Lucian team.The Zouks have been part of the CPL since the league’s inception making the playoffs during the 2016 season. They play their home games at the Daren Sammy International Cricket Ground, a stadium named after the man who has captained them for six of their seven seasons. Last year the Zouks team featured Sammy, Fawad Ahmed, Rahkeem Cornwall, Andre Fletcher, Colin de Grandhomme and Thisara Perera.“We are excited at the opportunity to invest in one of the most exciting sporting tournaments in the world, and we have been impressed by the vibrancy of CPL over the last seven years,” said Mohit Burman of K.P.H. Dream Cricket Private Limited.“We visualise taking the franchise to the next level and showcasing St Lucia in the best possible light over the coming years.”Pete Russell, Chief Operating Officer of the Hero CPL, said they are buoyed by the development:“We are hugely excited to welcome this ownership team to the CPL family and we are looking forward to seeing where they take the Zouks during the upcoming season and beyond,” Russell said.“They bring with them a wealth of experience which is fantastic news for both the CPL and St Lucia as a whole. During the 2019 tournament, the CPL made a positive economic impact of US$13,670,260 in St Lucia and this new ownership group will be working hard to see this figure increase.”Meanwhile, St Lucia’s Prime Minister, the Hon. Allen Chastanet has greeted the new owners with open arms.“I welcome the new owners of the Saint Lucia Zouks and hope that their new energy and drive will inspire the team to excel,” the Prime Minister said.“Saint Lucians continue to root for the Zouks and we are encouraged by the confidence that Mr Mohit Burman and his team have placed in the players and Saint Lucia. The Government of Saint Lucia looks forward to working closely with the new owners to create a team we can all be proud of.”last_img read more

Govt disappointed with pace of project

first_imgSheriff Street expansion…to consider sanctions for contractorWith 11 months already passed since a contract was signed with Sinohydro Corporation Ltd for the construction of the Mandela Avenue/Sheriff Street expansion project, no significant progress has been made, which adds to years of being delayed by various technicalities.Public Infrastructure Minister David Patterson said he is disappointed at the pace at which the project is moving, and the Ministry had made this opinion known to the contractor. The Minister reminded that the contract was signed since 2017 and there is little work to show for it.“The contractor I know is trying and he started at the top end, but I am not satisfied and would have written the contractor and those involved,” Patterson said on Wednesday at the sidelines of an event, where he also explained that if nothing is done soon, the Ministry may resort to applying penalties.“We hope in the short while they will increase the pace of work. After 10 months they have done as much as they should have done,” he said. When asked if there will be financial implications instituted against the contractor, he said, “There is aOngoing drainage works on Sheriff Street, Georgetownprocess and we are on top of it,” Patterson said.The Minister further explained that there is nothing preventing the contractor from pushing in extra hours to ensure the project meets the deadline. According to him, there is no restriction on work time, especially since the company would have submitted a traffic management plan, which was reviewed and approved, allowing it the time to work on that major road.The US$31.03 million contract was awarded to the company last year. The two-year project is aimed at covering approximately seven kilometres of road. The project which is being funded by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), involves the following works: relocation of utilities, lane and shoulder improvements, placement of sidewalks and paved shoulders, traffic signals, traffic signs, streetlights, drainage, a pedestrian overhead walkway, bridges, among others.The IDB had, earlier last year, revised the scope of works on this road project, putting it on hold and delaying the opening of tenders for the project. This was done following discussions entered into with the Finance Ministry aimed at achieving completion of the project before the loan deadline set by the IDB had expired.Initially, Loan-2741 was signed in 2012 to the tune of US$66 million, with a completion deadline of March 2018. The revised scope, which was anticipated to cost US$35 million, would include the relocation of utilities, for which GTT and the Guyana Water Incorporated have been contracted.The initial project was tendered twice: first in 2014, and then again in 2015, both times under the previous Administration. On the second occasion, tenders were returned in May 2015, as none of the contractors was deemed responsive.The Public Infrastructure Ministry said last year that several of the internationally funded projects were unable to get a start in 2016, and the Sheriff Street to Mandela Avenue project was one of those that did not get off the ground as anticipated.It was explained that Government had decided to have a review of this project with it being nullified twice, once in 2015 and then in 2016. The review was conducted by the WSG Design Unit along with the consultant firm Egis, in association with SRK Engineering.last_img read more

UDARAS ANNOUNCES GRANTS FOR DONEGAL TOURISM PROJECTS

first_imgÚdarás na Gaeltachta is seeking applications from individuals, committees or groups from Gaeltacht areas interested in running a series of events for tourists which celebrate Irish culture.The cultural tourism scheme aims to support events that invigorate tourist areas at peak times offering tourists an authentic Irish experience, while attracting and encouraging them to stay in the area for a longer periodThe scheme is being co-funded by Údarás na Gaeltachta and Fáilte Ireland and is aimed at events that take place on the Wild Atlantic Way in the Donegal, Mayo, Galway, Kerry and Cork Gaeltacht areas. Successful applicants will receive support for events that address a gap in the market, that take place regularly over a period of weeks/months rather than once off events, and that take place in public spaces/outdoors.Deadline for applications is the 6th May 2013. For more information visit www.udaras.ie or email [email protected] UDARAS ANNOUNCES GRANTS FOR DONEGAL TOURISM PROJECTS was last modified: April 22nd, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:UDARAS ANNOUNCES GRANTS FOR DONEGAL TOURISM PROJECTSlast_img read more