Church of England to divest from companies fighting Paris climate accord

first_imgChurch of England to divest from companies fighting Paris climate accord FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Bloomberg:The Church of England took another step in prodding companies to adopt a green strategy, saying its 12 billion pounds ($16 billion) in funds will divest those that aren’t aligning themselves with the Paris Agreement on climate change.The church’s governing General Synod passed a motion proposed by Canon Giles Goddard of its environmental working group committing the organization to sell shares in companies that haven’t lined up with the Paris goals by 2023, according to a statement.The Church of England has been a loud advocate for action on environmental issues in recent years. It has challenged Exxon Mobil Corp. and Glencore Plc on how they should disclose data relevant to their strategies on climate change. In 2015, it vowed to sell some of its holdings in the most polluting fossil fuels including coal producers and oil sands.Last year, the church voted to approve a non-binding resolution that would force Exxon to publish detailed analysis on how limits on carbon emissions could affect the value of its assets. In 2016, the church filed a resolution seeking disclosure of climate data at Glencore’s shareholder meeting, winning the support of 98 percent of shareholders.The religious body invests through several vehicles, including the Church of England Pensions Board, the Church Commissioners and the CBF Church of England Funds. The commissioners, the body’s endowment fund, manage 8.3 billion pounds.More: Church of England to divest companies not backing Paris climate deallast_img read more

Brazil Expects to Have a Million Latin American Volunteers for 2014 World Cup

first_img Brazil hopes to count on a million volunteers for the 2014 World Cup, of which 950,000 will be recruited in other Latin American countries, so they can assist tourists during the event, the Minister of Sports said on January 22. The government launched the program Volunteer Brazil to select volunteers that will work in unofficial areas, such as airports and tourist hotels and resorts during the 2013 Confederations Cup, and the World Cup a year later. “Volunteering is essential for the success of these events, not only in the operational field, but also in the streets,” said Minister of Sports Aldo Rebelo at the inauguration ceremony in Brasilia. The program will select 7,000 volunteers for the Confederations Cup, and later 4,900 will join to work at the opening and closure ceremonies only. The goal is to gather 50,000 for the World Cup, although according to Rebelo, this number could reach one million through other programs. “We would like our Mercosur neighbors to participate; we would like countries that speak Portuguese, and all parts of the population to join. The Federal Government will provide 50,000; however, we would like to increase that number to 950,000 for the 2014 World Cup,” Rebelo said, without providing further details. The recruiting process is different from FIFA’s process last year. These volunteers, who will be in stadiums and official venues, are already in training for the Confederations Cup. From June 15 to 30, Brazil will host the Confederations Cup, which is considered a sort of major rehearsal for the 2014 World Cup. For the first stage of the program in 2013, the government will spend $14.7 million. By Dialogo January 24, 2013last_img read more

Promotion of the Croatian Advent offer on eight world markets

first_imgThe Croatian National Tourist Board is conducting a special and targeted promotional campaign focused on the promotion of Advent as one of the key motives for coming to Croatia in the winter.  The campaign will run until the end of December this year in the markets of Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Slovenia, France, Hungary and the United Kingdom. The promotional campaign, through prepared visuals, communicates the Advent offer of Croatian destinations on the continent, coast, but also on the islands, according to the CNTB, and the communication channels through which the campaign is conducted are social networks Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, display and YouTube advertising.The end-user campaign leads to a very popular CNTB website “Croatia Feeds” where the Advent offer is promoted, from award-winning Christmas fairs to beautiful celebrations by the sea.In addition to Advent in Zagreb, which won the title of the best Christmas fair in Europe for three years in a row, the campaign promotes Advent events in Čazma, Đakovo, Osijek, Dubrovnik, Split, Zadar, Šibenik, Makarska, Hvar, Opatija, Rab, Lošinj, Rijeka, Varaždin , Marija Bistrica, etc.last_img read more

Treñas rips OWWA for breaking COVID protocol

first_imgThis sent the city government scrambling totest the OFWs. “So I was terribly mad at OWWA. Waay nagsunod sang protocol. I told them‘Yudiputa’ kamo. Indi na ‘ya pwedematabo,’” said Treñas. Over the weekend, OWWA allowed 40 Ilonggo OFWs(land-based and sea-based) to return to Iloilo City without first testing themfor SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). ILOILO City – “I was terribly mad at theOverseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA),” confessed Mayor Jerry Treñas. “Nagapanawaganako sa mga ahensya nga natungdan. Indi ini masarangan sang lokal nga gobyernolamang. Magbinuligay kita,” said Treñas./PN “Angnatabo, ginpasa tanan sang OWWA sa aton kag kita diri ang nag-quarantine (sa OFWs). This should have been the task of OWWA. It should haveisolation centers for returning OFWs,” according to the mayor. What OWWA did was “a very serious matter,”said the mayor. “I do not want this to happen again.”center_img He added: “I was only informed about thereturning OFWs the night before nagpaulisila.” Three OFWs initially tested positive in therapid test but a confirmatory test by the Western Visayas Medical Center showedonly one had the virus. He accused the agency of violating theprotocol on return of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), thereby compromisingthe health and safety of 32 city government health workers and staff, sixpersonnel of the city’s Public Safety and Transportation Management Office, 14personnel of the Philippine Coast Guard, and 42 crew of shipping lineCokaliong. “The OFWs should have been tested before goinghome. We could have saved our frontliners and the rest of their fellowpassengers from the risk of infection,” Treñas added. “I told OWWA we will no longer accept OFWs ifthe agency won’t follow the protocol set by the Inter-Agency Task Force of thenational government. Returning OFWs should first be tested by the Department ofHealth,” said Treñas.last_img read more

June 24, 2018 Police Blotter

first_imgJune 24, 2018 Police Blotter062418 Decatur County EMS Report062418 Decatur County Jail Report062418 Decatur County Fire Report062418 Decatur County Law Report062418 Batesville Police Blotterlast_img

ICC World Cup ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 India vs South Africa key numbers

first_imghighlights 165 – the most number of runs in India vs South Africa contests in World Cup. Jacques Kallis holds the record for most runs, having hit 96 and 69 in two World Cup contests in 1999 and 2011.307 – The highest score in contests between India and South Africa in World Cups. India smashed that score in the 2015 World Cup in Melbourne. South Africa has also hit 300 in the 2011 World Cup in Nagpur.137 – The highest individual score in World Cup clashes between India and South Africa. Dhawan holds the record when he smashed the Proteas in Melbourne in 2015.9 – Number of wins for India in all ICC contests against South Africa. In the World Cup, India has won only once but in the ICC Champions Trophy and the World T20, India have won four games apiece.6 – the most number of wickets in India vs South Africa contests by a bowler in World Cups. Dale Steyn leads the pack.1 – Only one five-wicket haul has been taken in contests between India and South Africa in the World Cup. Steyn took 5/50 in the 2011 World Cup clash in Nagpur. New Delhi: Virat Kohli’s Indian cricket team will begin their ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 quest against South Africa at the Rose Bowl in Southampton and they will be determined to get their campaign off to a great start. The South African side are currently low on confidence, having lost two of their games against England and Bangladesh. Faf du Plessis’ side are currently reeling with injuries to Dale Steyn and Lungi Ngidi while both the batting and bowling have not clicked as a unit. When it comes to South Africa and India in ICC World Cups, the Proteas hold a slight advantage but when it comes to overall encounters, India holds a massive edge. Here are some of the key numbers in contests between India and South Africa.3 – Number of wins for South Africa in four ICC Cricket World Cup encounters. South Africa won in 1992, 1999 and 2011 but India won their last encounter in the 2015 World Cup in Melbourne.2 – Number of centuries in World Cup contests between India and South Africa. Only India’s batsmen have hit centuries against South Africa in the World Cup. Sachin Tendulkar was the first with 111 in the 2011 clash in Nagpur while Shikhar Dhawan blasted 137 in Melbourne in 2015. For all the Latest Sports News News, ICC World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. India has beaten South Africa only once in World Cups.India has a 9-4 record in all ICC contests against South Africa.Dale Steyn is the only bowler to take five wickets vs India in World Cups.last_img read more

Ouseph bows out in Denmark

first_imgHounslow’s Rajiv Ouseph was unable to spring a surprise against world and Olympic champion Lin Dan at badminton’s Denmark Open.Ouseph always faced a tough task against the Chinese star and was beaten 21-14, 21-13 in their first-round clash.  The 25-year-old, England’s number one men’s singles player, secured a place in the tournament in Odense with two qualifying wins on Tuesday.AdChoices广告He saw off Russia’s Stanislav Pukhov 21-7, 21-17 before coming from behind to beat old rival Scott Evans of Ireland 17-21, 21-12, 21-14.last_img read more

Australian Open: Prize Money Tops £38m with Bigger Shares

first_imgThe tournament proper begins in Melbourne on 20 January.Tournament director Craig Tiley says the Australian Open is committed to “improving the pay and conditions for a deeper pool of international tennis players”.“We worked with the tours to establish the weighting for prize money increases round by round, and we pushed to reward players competing early in the tournament in both singles and doubles,” added Tiley.“We strongly believe in growing prize money at all levels of the game and we will continue to work with the playing group to create viable career paths in the sport and enable more players to make more money.”Singles champions at the 2020 tournament will take home 4.12m Australian dollars (£2.21m).The prize money for losing in the first round of qualifying is 20,000 Australian dollars (£10,707) and 90,000 Australian dollars (£48,183) for exiting in the first round main draw.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Australian Open organisers have increased the prize money to more than £38m with the biggest gains for those losing in the earlier rounds.The overall prize fund for the tournament has increased by 14% to 71m Australian dollars (£38.1m).Players who exit in the first round will receive 20% more than last year while money for losers in the opening qualifying round is up by a third.last_img read more

Badgers look to begin Granato era on a high note against Wildcats

first_imgThe University of Wisconsin men’s hockey team will kick off their 2016-17 season in Green Bay Friday and Saturday for a weekend series against Northern Michigan University. This is the 6th straight year the Badgers and Wildcats will play to start the season with NMU dominating the matchup 7-1-2 over UW.The Wildcats finished just under .500 last season with an overall record of 15-16-7, with two of those draws coming from the Badgers in opening series at the Kohl Center. The Badgers, on the other hand, had an underwhelming 2015-16 campaign, finishing 8-19-8 overall and managing only three Big Ten conference wins.Wisconsin will be itching to get back on the ice after a 10-1 rout over the Victoria Vikes last weekend and are hungrier than ever to start the season off with a pair checks in the win column.Badgers look to begin Granato era on a high note against WildcatsThe University of Wisconsin men’s hockey team will kick off their 2016-17 season in Green Bay Friday and Saturday for Read…“They’re chomping at the bit to get out there and prove that what happened [last year], won’t happen again,” head coach Tony Granato said following Wednesday’s practice.Wisconsin will look to their incredibly talented collection of forwards to continue the scoring Friday night.“They’re really really skilled,” Granato said. “[They] might be one of the best group of forwards that have ever been here at one time.”The sensational offensive squad is led by senior Grant Besse, team assist leader last year with 22, and sophomore captain Luke Kunin, last season’s team leader in both the goals scored and points column with 19 and 32, respectively.Northern Michigan, however, will bring some serious strength and experience at the forward position and return four of their top five players from the previous season, including team leader in goals, senior Dominick Shine.The Wildcats are coming off a 10-1 victory of their own over the same Victoria Vikes the Badgers dominated the day before. Both teams have the offensive fire power to get it done, but it seems the difference in this matchup will be which team is more physical.“They work hard and play very aggressive,” said Granato, when asked what he knew about the Wildcats. The head coach of the Badgers attested to the Wildcats’ physical presence and their emphasis on the forecheck.The Badgers haven’t notched a win over the Wildcats since 2011 and are more equipped and eager to pull off the upset now than they have been since.Friday and Saturday’s match ups look to be an energy filled, intense start to the season, with neither team holding back. The fresh start for the Badgers begins Friday in the Resch Center at 7 p.m.last_img read more

PT Usha honoured with IAAF Veteran Pin, ex-athlete shows gratitude

first_img Digital Desk SUBSCRIBE TO US Usha is one of the greatest sprinters to have come out of India, often called the “queen of track and field”. She won five gold medals — 100m, 200m, 400m, 400m hurdles, and the 4x400m relay — besides a bronze at the 1985 Asian Games in Jakarta. Her most memorable performance came in the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics where she became the first Indian to reach the finals of the 400m hurdles but lost the bronze by one-hundredth of a second. READ | WWE SmackDown match 1 result: Erick Rowan takes down Daniel BryanPT Usha congratulates PV SindhuEarlier, the retired Indian track and field athlete PT Usha had congratulated  PV Sindhu with a heartwarming social media post. She shared a throwback picture of her with the shuttler where a very young PV Sindhu can be seen sitting on her lap. Sharing the picture on Twitter PT Usha wrote, “The passion and dedication for the sport will always be rewarded when hard work comes into play.”Further extending congratulatory greetings, PT Usha said that PV Sindhu’s success will inspire generations to come. This throwback picture was posted by PT Usha after Sindhu had emerged triumphant in the World Championships as she became the first Indian shutter to win the gold medal. Expressing my deep gratitude towards @iaaforg and President @sebcoe for awarding me the Veteran Pin at the 52nd IAAF conference in Doha. I look forward to continually contributing to the growth of athletics in our country!@IAAFDoha2019 #IAAFDoha2019 pic.twitter.com/pKUcly1EsV— P.T. USHA (@PTUshaOfficial) September 25, 2019 Indian track and field legend P T Usha was on Wednesday presented the Veteran Pin by the world athletics governing body, in recognition of her contribution to the growth of the sport. IAAF chief Sebastian Coe presented her the Veteran Pin during the 52nd IAAF Congress. She was one of three persons from Asia to receive the honour. READ | WWE SmackDown: Kevin Owens to fight Shane McMahon, winner stays in WWEPT Usha expresses her gratitudePT Usha took to twitter to express her gratitude at the honour. WE RECOMMEND WATCH US LIVE Last Updated: 25th September, 2019 18:56 IST PT Usha Honoured With IAAF Veteran Pin, Ex-athlete Shows Gratitude PT Usha was presented the Veteran Pin by the world athletics governing body. This was in recognition of Usha’s contribution to the growth of the sport. First Published: 25th September, 2019 18:56 IST READ | IAAF World Championships 2019: PU Chitra to compete in Women’s 1500MREAD | Sports Minister snubs WFI proposal to make wrestling ‘national sport'(With PTI Inputs) COMMENT The passion and dedication for the sport will always be rewarded when hardwork comes into play. @Pvsindhu1 success will inspire generations to come!Hefty congratulations on winning the Gold at #BWFWorldChampionships2019 🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/xBP7RgOHnt— P.T. USHA (@PTUshaOfficial) August 25, 2019 Written By FOLLOW US LIVE TV 1 year ago Sania Mirza’s posters carry PT Usha’s name in major goof-up in AP 11 months ago Sourav Ganguly has a controversial take on when MS Dhoni should retirelast_img read more