Brave Tern to Install Changfang and Xidao Wind Turbines

first_imgFred. Olsen Windcarrier’s jack-up vessel Brave Tern has won a contract to transport and install the MHI Vestas Offshore V174-9.5MW wind turbines on the Changfang and Xidao (CFXD) offshore wind farms in Taiwan. Fred. Olsen Windcarrier was awarded the contract by CSBC-DEME Wind Engineering. “We are very pleased that the set-up of CDWE and a Fred. Olsen Windcarrier vessel has fulfilled the Taiwanese government’s turbine installation localisation requirements. Having CDWE as Changfang and Xidao Project’s turbine T&I contractor with Fred. Olsen Windcarrier supplying the vessel adds substantial experience into our construction operations,” said Jesper Holst, CEO of CIP’s Changfang and Xidao offshore wind farms. The CFXD project is divided into two phases across 2022 and 2023. In total, the two wind farms will comprise 62 wind turbines installed some 11-25 kilometres west of Taiwan and scheduled to be commissioned in 2023. “As both experienced contractors within the industry, Fred. Olsen Windcarrier and CSBC-DEME Wind Engineering (CDWE) will share and combine their extensive knowledge base and experience to deliver a ´state of the art’ performance to Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners and to the Taiwanese offshore wind industry,” CSBC-DEME Wind Engineering said. Brave Tern will start working on the Changfang and Xidao (CFXD) project after completing the wind turbine installation on the 640MW Yunlin wind farm off Taiwan. “We are extremely proud to win another transport and installation job in the growing Taiwanese offshore wind market. CFXD is an important project for us and will strengthen our position and commitment to the growing Taiwanese market and the APAC region in general. Last year Fred. Olsen Ocean opened an office in Taiwan to bring the group’s extensive experience from Europe to the region. First step will be in April when Brave Tern heads towards Taiwan. We look forward to growing the local capabilities and the Taiwanese supply chain as well as supporting our customers in the region,” said Casper Toft, CCO, Fred. Olsen Windcarrierlast_img read more

Ecuador protesters take 8 police officers hostage

first_imgIndigenous demonstrators paraded sevenmen and one woman on a stage in Quito on Thursday before thousands of crowds,demanding the end of austerity measures and asking the resignation of PresidentLenín Moreno.    Protests began after the governmentannounced an end to fuel subsidies last week, as part of a loan agreement withthe International Monetary Fund. ECUADOR – Eight police officers weretaken hostage in Ecuador amid ongoing demonstrations. Indigenous demonstrators take to the streets and demand the end of austerity measures after the government announced an end to fuel subsidies in Ecuador last week. AFP/GETTY Indigenous-led protests toppled threepresidents in the past few decades. They have taken dozens of officers hostagein various locations throughout the country since the unrest began.(BBC)last_img read more

Shop Local on Small Business Saturday

first_imgSaturday (11/26) is Small Business Saturday, a day to celebrate and support small businesses and all they do for our community.Shop local this holiday season, and save some money in doing so.Here is a list of deals in Batesville valid on Small Business Saturday.Total Tech Connection – 38 S Main StreetFree Basic Set-up with the Purchase of a New Laptop or DesktopFlash Drive Sale – 20% off All In-Stock Flash DrivesHoliday Give-A-Way – Sign up for a chance to win an Asus Computer and other Great PrizesJen Saner Photography – 120 S Depot StreetSpend $75 on Gift Certificates and receive a $25 Bonus Gift CertificateBird in a Tree – 29 N Main Street20% off STORE-WIDE on Saturday, November 26thTwice Blessed Resale of Oldenburg Academy – 147 Batesville Shopping VillageAll Black Tag Clearance Clothing – 99 centsEvery Weekend: Free Hallmark Christmas Card with every $10 spentRomWeber Marketplace – 7 S Eastern AvenueSavings of up to 60% off retail prices on new, first quality furnitureOther vendors are having specials & sales on their new inventory itemsOpen Friday, Saturday & Sunday.last_img read more

Holtsclaw named to lead Indiana prosecutors

first_imgIndianapolis, In. —  Greene County prosecutor Jarrod Holtsclaw has been introduced as the president of the Association of Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys, Inc. Holtsclaw takes over for Outgoing president and Ripley County prosecutor Ric Hertel.The new officers includes:President-Elect Patrick Harrington, Tippecanoe County ProsecutorVice President Amy Richison, Huntington County ProsecutorSecretary/Treasurer Lee Buckingham, Hamilton County ProsecutorBoard of Directors: Bernard Carter (Lake County), Nicholas Hermann (Vanderburgh County), Terry Curry (Marion County), William Hartley (Wabash County), Bruce Aukerman (Vermillion County), Nathan Harter (Decatur County),Rodney Cummings (Madison County), Daniel Murrie (Daviess County) and Dustin Houchin (Washington County).Holtsclaw has served as Greene County Prosecutor since 2007 and was recently elected to his fourth term. Prior to that he was deputy prosecutor in Greene County. Association Presidents serve for a term of one year each. As president, he will also serve on the Associations Executive Committee.last_img read more

Bulldog Middle School Harriers Place 1st At Meet

first_imgThe Batesville Middle School Boys won their cross country meet against Franklin County, St. Mary’s and South Ripley on Tuesday.  Eli Loichinger won the boys race followed by Jake Chapman, 2nd, Otto Hund, 3rd, Emi Lopez, 4th, Cannon Clark, 5th, Talan Rowlett, 6th, Isaac Trossman, 7th, Lincoln Garrett, 8th, Santiago Schutte, 11th, Cash Myers, 14th, Landon Raver, 15th, and Landin Hughes, 17th.       The Batesville Middle School girls won their meet against St Mary’s.  Kaylynn Bedel won the girls race, followed by Megan Allgeier, 2nd, Charlotte Trossman, 6th, Corrine Deputy, 9th, Kenzie Cox, 11th, Katelynn Fullenkamp, 18th, and Louise Hund, 19th.       BoysBatesville                    15St. Mary’s                    57South Ripley                83Franklin County           101 GirlsBatesville                    26St. Mary’s                   29Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Derek Suits.last_img read more

CSKA storm London for Isaac Success

first_imgRelatedPosts Watford appoint new head coach EPL: Watford battle Gunners for survival Premier League: Our survival in our own hands — Coach Watford striker Isaac Success is in talks with CSKA Moscow. Foot Mercato claimed the Nigeria international is attracting interest from across Europe, with Espanyol, Nantes and a number of French teams all keen. However, CSKA are regarded as favourites for Success. Indeed, a CSKA delegation will be at Prenton Park on Tuesday night (today) for Watford’s FA Cup replay against Tranmere Rovers to check on the striker. The Russian giants are prepared to buy Success outright if Watford make him available.Tags: CSKA MoscowIsaac SuccessWatfordlast_img read more

Boyce: Award for lovers of football

first_imgBritain’s FIFA vice-president Jim Boyce, who receives an OBE in the New Year Honours, dedicated his award to the people who kept football going in Northern Ireland during the Troubles. Press Association “But most importantly I would like to dedicate this honour to the people who kept football in Northern Ireland going through the many, many difficult years – be they players, officials, coaches or spectators.” Boyce was directly affected by the violence when he was injured by the explosion in 1972. He was off work for a year with a leg in plaster for almost all of that time. He added: “I view myself as one of the lucky ones. I have always been someone who thought politics and religion should play no part in sport and I am very glad Northern Ireland is now a very different place than it was then.” The Belfast-born 70-year-old receives the OBE for services to football in Northern Ireland. center_img Boyce, who was severely injured in a Belfast car bomb in 1972, is a former Irish Football Association president and current head of FIFA’s referees’ committee. He steps down from the vice-presidency in May. He told Press Association Sport: “It’s a tremendous honour and I must pay tribute to my devoted wife Hazel and daughters Joanne and Lisa. last_img read more

Heaslip blow for Ireland

first_imgJamie Heaslip is unlikely to feature again in Ireland’s quest to retain the RBS 6 Nations title after being ruled out of action for the next month. The 31-year-old number eight was forced out of Ireland’s 18-11 victory over France on Saturday after receiving a knee to the back from Pascal Pape, who has since been cited for the challenge. Ireland bosses confirmed Heaslip suffered “fractures of the transverse process of three vertebrae” in his back, leaving only a slim chance he could return for the final match against Scotland on March 21. Ireland can equal their best-ever run of 10 wins on the spin against England, who were the last team to beat Kiwi coach Schmidt’s side, 13-10 at Twickenham in last year’s Six Nations. France lock Pape only received a yellow card from referee Wayne Barnes for his knee to Heaslip, but was cited on Monday and will appear before a disciplinary committee this week. Referee Barnes ruled Pape’s challenge on Heaslip was intentional after video review during Saturday’s clash, but declined to hand the 34-year-old a red card. Independent citing commissioner Stefano Marrama from Italy has deemed the incident worthy of further investigation however, and Pape will appear before a disciplinary commission later this week. “Pascal Pape, second-row forward for France, has been cited by the independent citing commissioner at the RBS 6 Nations match between Ireland and France in Dublin on Saturday, for the incident in the 52nd minute of the match for which the player received a yellow card,” read a statement from tournament organisers. France boss Philippe Saint-Andre claimed Pape’s challenge was accidental, but the Stade Francais lock could now face a ban. “When you watch the images of the incident I don’t think you can say it was deliberate,” said Saint-Andre on Sunday morning. “However, I said to Pascal you received a yellow card just at the moment we were gaining the upper hand both physically and territorially as we were in their 22. “Although we didn’t concede many points it was still a pivotal moment. You expect something like that from an inexperienced player, not one with over 50 Tests under his belt. It was the worst possible moment for that to happen.” Head coach Joe Schmidt admitted Heaslip was “very uncomfortable” straight after Saturday’s second-round victory, while Pape now faces a possible ban for his crude challenge. “Scans have revealed fractures of the transverse process of three vertebrae in Jamie’s back,” read an Ireland statement. “Although this injury causes a good deal of discomfort it does not impact on the structural integrity of the spine, and once healed should pose no long-term issues. “Typically this injury is treated akin to a soft tissue injury; according to symptoms. “Jamie is already feeling more comfortable and it is hoped that he will be available to play again in approximately four weeks.” The 70-cap loose forward binds together the industry and grit of Peter O’Mahony and Sean O’Brien in Ireland’s first-choice back row, and his absence is a clear loss to boss Schmidt’s side. Ireland host England in Dublin on March 1 in a match already billed as the Six Nations title decider, with the two teams the last remaining unbeaten sides. Heaslip’s injury opens the door for Leinster back-rower Jordi Murphy to step up for that all-important England clash. Press Associationlast_img read more

Barnes tackle ‘criminal’ – Mourinho

first_img But he was much more forthcoming when appearing on Goals on Sunday on Sky Sports – a network he had strongly criticised for their coverage of Diego Costa’s stamp on Liverpool’s Emre Can last month, when replays of the incident carried the strapline ‘Costa’s crimes’. Costa was later handed a retrospective three-match ban. Taking the opportunity to turn the tables, Mourinho used a question about Barnes’ tackle to repeat his complaint. “When I finished at the game against Liverpool, I went to the dressing room and the first thing I saw on the big screen, reading non-stop – ‘Diego Costa crimes’,” he said. “I would like to know how to you, Sky Sports, describe the actions of the Burnley player yesterday? My English is not good enough to find a word. “When you think ‘Diego crimes’ after he puts his boot on a hand, when this is ‘Diego crimes’, the minimum you have to say is ‘criminal tackle’. “Did you apologise to Chelsea, to Diego or myself? You didn’t. As an institution, Sky is so important in the Premier League, you never apologise. “When Diego Costa has a three-match ban, probably three matches to Matic… tell me how many matches this player deserves?” Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has branded Ashley Barnes’ tackle on Nemanja Matic “criminal” in a lengthy attack on refereeing standards and media coverage while appearing on Sky Sports. Press Association Mourinho was fined £25,000 by the Football Association in January for claiming there was a “campaign” in the media against Chelsea, but maintained his attack on coverage. “I don’t like the fact you start immediately, in that moment, the public judgement of the player,” he added with regard to the Costa coverage. “You gave no space to the people that have to decide, the pressure was so much. “You don’t do this with every club, with every player. Last year, Yaya Toure against Norwich, you didn’t have the same approach; (Robin) van Persie against West Ham, you didn’t have the same approach. “This one (on Saturday) was even worse. This can be end of career. Matic is a very lucky guy.” Mourinho repeated his list of complaints regarding decisions which he believes have gone against his team this season, suggesting Chelsea would be 12 points clear of Manchester City rather than five had officials got their decisions right. “I’m risking my dugout in the (Capital One Cup) final because maybe tomorrow I get a ban,” he said. “The incidents, I’m speaking about week after week exactly because it’s week after week… “When I go to the media and do what I did (on Saturday), ’30, 33, 43, 69 and goodbye’ or do what I’m doing with you, I’m not attacking the honest or dignity of anyone, I’m not trying to bring the game into disrepute – which is always (the phrase) they use when they want to punish me. “I’m just trying to be honest. If you ask me about the five-points difference I would say that if we are in a normal situation where mistakes which are part of the game are sometimes in our favour, sometimes against us, it wouldn’t be five, it would be 12.” The Portuguese went on to add that he was sympathetic to the difficulties referees face, and suggested that more video technology should be used. “If the referee cannot see a penalty three metres in front of him, some official in front of a screen cannot miss it,” he said. “If we want to protect the integrity of referees and believe the mistake is a consequence of misinterpretation or a bad position or the unpredictability of the game, I think technology can help.” Matic was sent off for his reaction to Barnes’ tackle in the 70th minute, but the Burnley player went unpunished in the 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. Mourinho had little to say in his post-match press conference, simply listing the key moments in the game and adding: “If you look at these moments you know exactly what I think about the game.” last_img read more

Child Stabs Pitbull Who Chewed Brother’s Face in Coral Springs

first_imgA South Florida family is recovering this weekend, after a dangerous encounter with a pit bull.According to Coral Springs Police, the dog suddenly turned on his caretakers, a mother and her two young sons, on Friday.The incident occurred at around 2 p.m., on NW 106th Ave.Police officer Chris Swinson wrote in his police report, “The pit bull attacked the 11 year old and that’s when the 12 year old intervened.”At that point, Swinson continues, “The mom came out, got involved, and the pit bull turned on her. When the pit bull started attacking the mom, the 12 year old grabbed a knife and stabbed the dog.”We are working a dog bite with injuries in the area of Coral Springs Drive and Royal Palm. Please avoid the area. There is no threat to community at this time. pic.twitter.com/pQfcCW8CwT— Coral Springs Police (@CoralSpringsPD) August 21, 2020 The younger child was airlifted to Broward Health Medical Center, where he is being treated for severe facial injuries.The 35-year-old mother and her 12-year-old son were both treated for minor injuries at the scene.Meanwhile, The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports that the pitfall is being treated and placed into a two-week quarantine at Coral Springs Animal Hospital.A neighbor also told Miami television station WFOR that the father is a dog trainer.Officials did not reveal the identities of the victims in the incident.last_img read more